Sunday 23 September 2012

Intriguing Photographers


Julia Margaret Cameron 


This image caught my eye as the bright face seemed to approach out of the darkness and the stroncontrast creates an intense atmosphere. I also liked how as is the case with many portrait photographers- eyes are normally the area of the photo that delivers the most feelimg however Cameron manages to create if not more emotion without the eyes looking into the camera.

Fay Godwin


I love the simplicity of this picture. I think the subtle reflection and the black and white effect work well and create a really calming atmosphere. The fact that you can't see the subjects faces makes the picture less intense and casual
Sarah moon
 

This photograph caught my eye as it's not often that you see an image that is deliberately blurred. I love the use of editing with this image and the colours work effectively together to give a real feel of the water.
 
Paolo Roversi 


This is one of my favourite kinds of photography- simple black and white portraits. I think this is a great example of a picture that works really well and had an atmosphere about it. Because this picture is so casual the black and white really compliments this mood.
Eadweard Muybridge 
 

This image manages to convey movement really effectively. I Loved looking at Muybridge's work and this image really stood out to me as i think it's a great achivement when one image can suggest movement. This picture manages to do that so simply and perfectly.

Ansel Adams



Lorna Simpson


 
 

Sally Mann


 

Irving Penn


 
I loved the colours in this image and throughout much of Penn's work, also how bizzare this image is when you think about it, and how well the images work together as a series. The simple white background and subject face really make the colours pop and stand out.

No comments:

Post a Comment