Wednesday 10 October 2012

3D and Spatial Design

Inspiring Designers

 Fred Baier

I Love how he takes something that would normally be so simple such as a table/bookcase and makes it so intriguing. His amazing use of shape makes his designs so bold and different, for example, my favourite designs of his that i came across were the pianos mainly because I had never seen a piano like it but also because of the fascinating construction and details of them. There is so much to discover in each of his pieces that don't immediately meet the eye.



Ingo Maurer

Maurer was by far my favorite designer to research. i had never hear of his work before but am so thankful to have been introduced to it. It's rare that you can say that you find every piece of an artists work special in its own way but with Maurer I can. Each of his lights are stunning and individual and I could have posted every picture i came across. I found them so inspiring as each one was unique and the shapes and objects that he uses are used in a way that I could never think of but work so well.












Frank Gehry

Great use of shape to create stunning unique buildings. I found his daring use of shape inspiring as his designs are extremely bold and work so well. I actually saw one of his pieces in Barcelona without realising it was Gehry- the fish- and didn't actually like it at the time however came across it online when researching his work and once i found out what it was about understood it more and didn't find it so unappealing.









Antoni Gaudi

Seeing much of Gaudi's work in Barcelona made me truly understand just how beautiful his work is. The attention to detail and creativity that went into every aspect of each of his designs emulates his passion for architecture and shows his skill for everyone to see.





Bauhaus- Gerrit Rietveld

I was intrigued by the unique design and thought the boldness of the shape of the chairs work well. The main focus of the design was probably on appearance rather than practicability and whilst i'm not a massive fan of the black table and chairs, i think the contrasting yellow and black colours work well together to create a more appealing design


Bauhaus -Eero Aarnio

I love this famous design, mainly due to it's simplicity and practicality.



No comments:

Post a Comment